Thursday, June 11, 2009

T9 - Swim - They All Need to Be Like This

Gainesville


Swim:
wu: 4 x 50 continuous, odds are breathe every side, evens bilateral.
main: 2 x 1000, 1 is RPE4, 2 is RPE 6


2 Lipodrene

This warm up is a great idea too, forcing me to breathe every other stroke for 2 of the laps. Considerable harder than the every stroke breathing I usually do. Really made me work on lung capacity, something I severely lack.

Aside from that, I swam at GHFC from about 9-10. Night swimming, I enjoy so much better. The major downside is having that workout hanging over your head all day, but otherwise, it's much more beneficial for me. I did both sets with solid intensity, feeling like i was gliding and pulling the whole way. Really felt great, expet my kneww kept bothering me every time I pushed off the wall.

So I talked to Trevor and assuming the knee does not feel 100% by Sunday, I'm going to lay off the runs until it does. I think missing some runs during weeks 19 and 18 in order to heal this up in the long run is going to make sense. So, no more running for a little while. Going to replace it with longer bikes I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment