Wednesday, June 17, 2009

T13 - Maybe My Knee Is Trying to Tell Me Something - Run/Bike Brick

Gainesville

Run: 45 Minutes - Easy Pace
2 Lipodrene

I did this run after having had lunch and it was rather uneventful. I'm still plodding a little bit, and I realized that running in 95-degree weather may be part of why I'm not running my fastest. I do appreciate the training value of running in hot weather, but I may try a night run later this week to see if the running improves.

Bike - 1 Hour

Because I had so much goddam work to do I ended up starting this whole workout at like 6, which forced me to brick these so I could get on the bike and back before it got dark. I wasn't really feeling an hour on the trainer. Anyway,I took a gel and hit the road. I thought this would be a little grueling and was worried about the rain, but truth is I got out there and the weather was perfect. Hot but overcast, with no rain and a tiny breeze. Perfect biking weather. I did the first half pretty well, getting to nigbridge in 27 and 20.

The interesting part is, despite there being no significant wind, I made the ride back in 3 less minutes than I made it down. Again, this is impressive considering that Hawthorne is an incline on the way back. but I really felt good on the ride today. I was able to keep pushing it and hit good speeds on the inclines. I really feel this cycle is going a lot better, as this was the sort of ride I would have absolutely dogged in the Spring.

I went out last night after and was sitting at a table outside at 101. I turned to my left to say something to somebody, and all of a sudden felt my knee give out. While sitting. I forgot how random the knee goings-out are with this, and realized that the 2 straight days of running, even though they didn't hurt, may not be helping this thing heal. Again, I'm going to reverse the long bike and long run this week and take 4 days off the knee. If this persists, I may forsake all running during recovery week next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment