Sunday, June 21, 2009

T16 - 12 Hour Transition - Bike/Swim

Gainesville

Bike - 90 minutes
2 Lipodrene

This whole "party on hold" thing has been kind of a half-assed attempt. My idea for Thursday night was to head up to Jacksonville for a little AA Baseball, and a dollar beer or two. Well, one dollar beer turned into about 8, $1 beers, and next thing I know I'm out in Jax Beach watching Trevor spit game at a couple of girls whose teeth were worth more than my car. I ended up staying over there, slept about 4 hours, and drove home at 7 a.m. But the time I got back, I figured what better time than then to go on my ride for the day?

Bike rides on 4-hours sleep after a night of drinking typically don't go terribly well. It was not my worst ride, but my brain was not in full effect as I blatantly ran a red light on Waldo that I didn't even see and almost rode off the path at Hawthorne three times. Seriously, I lack coordination as it is, being tired and hungover on a bike probably doesn't help. Not much learned here that I didn't already know, but when I have more important rides I will likely not lie to myself and think dollar beer night is a viable option the night before.

Swim:
wu: 300 continuous. slowly increasing pace each 100
main: 20 x 50, odds at RPE 4, evens at RPE 9!


I got home from the bike fully intending to head over to the pool by noon. Then the Lipodrene wore off, and then I took a long nap, and when I looked up it was 4 p.m. And I don't do the pool between 3 and 9. I ended up hitting the water at 9:30, a full 12 hours after I finished workout one. Took 1 more Lipodrene, and had a surprisingly good swim.

As I may have said here once or twice, I'm not too good at the sprint swims. But today I actually was able to maintain that solid effort on the fast 50s the whole way through. I got in a good amount of rest time, but it was good to see that I am able to do at least that now. Maybe I'll work my way up and do hundreds soon. Although I have to say the rest period followed by the recovery lap probably had more to do with. But as long as I'm improving, I'm happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment