Wednesday, June 3, 2009

T3 - Swim - I CIRCLE SWAM For You!

Gainesville

Swim: 3 x 400, 1 is RPE 3, 2 is RPE4, 3 is RPE 5

2 Lipodrene
I made the mistake of waiting until 4 to leave for the pool at GHFC. I knew the pool might be a little crowded, like I might not get my own lane, or even have to wait a bit to share one. But what I didn't realize is they were doing some sort of Speed Clinic from 4:30-6:30, and I'd have to share whatever lane they didn't decide to use with everyone else not doing the clinic.

I mulled going home and coming back in the evening, but realized I had plans with this girl that stayed over Saturday, so I needed to get my workout in early. And I did.

First set of 400 was fine, only had to share a lane with this one guy who was either deaf or retarded, I'm not sure. At the end of lap 8, the Speed Clinic Instructor taps me and informs me I need to move to another lane, which is populated by an old guy and some chick. Oh great. Circle Swimming.

I fucking hate circle swimming. I hate it because you have to constantly swim around people, or have people swimming around you. Plus you can't just touch and go at the wall, you have to swim to the other side of the lane so you are going the right direction. Fucking hate it. That's why I shell out $54 a month for GHFC, so I don't have to fucking circle swim.

The second two 400s weren't that bad, save for the old man who was doing backstroke the whole time. The crowded lane, though, had me swimming at a sold RPE 6 to get out of there as fast as I could, which was probably good. Still, having to swim around this guy the whole time was not fun. I will be avoiding GHFC between 4-7 from now on.

And if this girl flakes on me tonight, I'm gonna be like "Oh HELL no. I fucking circle swam today so we could go out. Don't EVER call me again." Of course, I'm sure her response will be "So this guy flipped out and told me he 'circle swam?' What the fuck is THAT?"

Had some Muscle Milk after.

No comments:

Post a Comment