Saturday, June 27, 2009

T20 - MINI CANES!!! - Swim

Miami

Last summer I trained at the pool at the UM Wellness Center all summer. And a lot of days, the Mini Canes day camp would be there, infesting the pool with hundreds of little pests while I tried to swim my laps. I had conveniently forgotten this fact as I went to the Wellness Center to get in a short swim. I got in the locker room and the floor was strewn with little shoes and small towels. "MINI CANES!" I whispered to myself. This is much in the same tone that Jerry used to whisper "Newman!" on the old Seinfeld show. The Mini-Canes were my nemesis at the gym, but somehow I'd forgotten about them.

S: race-specific
wu: 4 x 75, last 25 in each is backstroke.
main: 3 x 400, 1 is RPE 3, 2 is RPE4, 3 is RPE 5


2 Lipodrene
Good thing the swim was short. The pool was shut down to 3 lanes because of the little brats, and their shouts reverberated off the walls of the indoor pool. And I'm sure the iodized water was ripe with urine with that many kids in the pool. Fucking awesome. Fortunately, the UM indoor pool is used about as much as the Metrorail, so despite there only being 3 lanes, I only had to share with one person.

It was not my best swim, but not terrible. I slowed a little on the middle laps of each set for some reason, but the workout was short and went well. I like the iodine pool there better than the chlorinated one at GHFC, but I'm not driving 6 hours to use it. I will, however, make a point of swimming here every time I'm in Miami. Even though it does cost me $10.

No comments:

Post a Comment