Wednesday, June 17, 2009

T14 - Speed Still Kills - Swim

Gainesville

So I might have mentioned I went out last night. Again, I figured I'd go out for a few drinks, and even if I closed down the bar have no more then 4 over a few hours. This is one advantage of 2 a.m. closings. Well, this might have worked had I gone home after closing. But once again I started thinking with the wrong part of my body, and once again ended up staying up until 5 a.m., barely sleeping, and going home around 9 to do an interview. I justified this decision by saying "Well, tomorrow is a short swim day, so even if I'm hungover and barely sleep, who cares?"

When I got home I tried to justify it to Trevor and he says to me "Dude, training isn't gonna influence all your decisions. You know you're not gonna be doin' that." He's right. I think even had I had like a 3-hour bike to do today, I would have ended up doing what I did. The training just keeps me from seeking it out. But if I"m four drinks in and an opportunity presents itself, I'm not sure I'm not gonna take it. We shall see how this goes in the future.

Swim:
warmup: 250 easy
5 x 50, odds are 100%, evens recovery. 10sec rest between
main: 4 x 400,


2 Lipodrene
Did a night swim again tonight, which I think is going to be my M.O. for most of this cycle. The warmup wasn't bad until I got to the sprints. Seriously, fast just seems to kick my ass. Even these 3, 50-meter sprints had me not going as fast as I had previously during my first 2 sets of 400s. I'm going to keep trying to do sprints when they are called for for the next month. But if I find my longer-distance portions of the workouts suffering because sprints are involved, I may start altering the workouts. My hope is I get better at fast swimming, but today the speed killed me.

But still, I don't know that three short sprints were enough to do that. Maybe the 4 hours of sleep and drinking until 5 a.m. and rough sex were what did it. I don't know. I just know the scratches and welt marks hurt like hell in the shower, and I'm glad I'm not hitting the pool again for another 2 days. Tomorrow is a long bike and I am detoxed and spending the night alone. Things are looking good for tomorrow's 2-hour ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment