Saturday, June 27, 2009

T19 - Revenge on the Children - Bike/Run Brick

Gainesville.

I had to go to court this morning to try and get the ridiculous $444 fine I got for speeding in a school zone knocked down. Seriously, why does the presence of children mean I have to fork over half my Cosmo money because I was going a blazing 25 MPH where they little dumb shits might be too stupid to look when they cross the street. Fuck kids. If you don't have any, you shouldn't have to ever be inconvenienced by them. If it didn't mean taking weeks off of training, I'd make my vasectomy appointment today.

That all being said, my original plan had been to get up and run before court, but as I am unable to fall asleep early when I know I have to be up early, that didn't so much happen. And because I wanted to be on the road to Miami by 2, I had to brick the bike and run even though I didn't want or need to.

Bike - 60 minutes

2 Lipodrene
Pretty average bike ride, though I have come to the conclusion that workouts that aren't pushing a new level, I mentally do not take as seriously as training days. Like workouts this week are "recovery" so I'm not giving it the full motivation it deserves.

The only notable thing about this ride was on my way back, when some family of four (2 kids) was taking up the whole bike path as I was down in aero going about 19.5. The kids didn't seem to want to move out of the way, and given my disgust with children from the morning's court appearance, I said "Fuck it. If they're too stupid to get out of my way, they get what they deserve." I accelerated towards the family and just as I got up to the little boy, he ducked out of the way to avoid injury. Goopd for him. I would not have stopped had I hit him either. Look where the fuck you're going kid, or better still don't bring your little brats out on a course where people are training. We don't want them there.

Run - 45 minutes

Took a gel and did the run. Again, the sun was very hot, and again I felt like I was going to wilt. It's going to pay off when I get to cooler weather though, as even during short bouts of cloud cover, I feel like I can go a lot faster. I used the iPod here, for reasons I don't even know, and I need to start disciplining myself away from it better. I'd been doing a good job, but I think I've used it on 3 out of my last 4 runs. Not good. Should be the other way around.

No comments:

Post a Comment