Friday, August 28, 2009

T68 - Spinnin' for the Smokers- Bike (Trainer)

Gainesville

So I'm back in good ole Gainesville. The workout today called for 60 minutes of spinning, and given that I was still recvoering from the 20-hour trip home, I didn't much feel like hitting the road. So I opted to do an hour on the trainer. My headphones were still broken, so instead I turned up the Marlins game full blast, left the deck door open, and listened to the last three innings of the Marlins beating the Mets. Fortunately/unfortunately the bullpen pitched well, so the Fish closed out the game in about half an hour. Which forced me to listen to the postgame show for the last half of the ride. But as it turned out, the goings on at Jefferson 2nd were much more entertaining.

Bike - 60 minutes spinning (trainer)

2 Lipodrene
I forgot our building was a little more crowded that it was last year. I started out biking at about 18, and quickly notcied two black guys poking their heads out the window next door. I was wrapped up in the Marlins game, and did not acknowledge their presence. But they began to smoke and watch me ride, probably wondering what the fuck I was doing. Then the good old potheads from last year went out on their balcony to do what they always do when I'm on the trainer; smoke a bunch of weed. I think they must think I'm some sort of hallucination. "Dude, that guy's on a bike, but he's, like, not going anywhere! Whoa...."

Perhaps because of this larger audience, I was able to maintain a spinning speed of around 18 for the full hour. Like I never even felt like letting up, which I think is a good sign. It was nice to just push through a trainer workout without music, and know that it was better than it had been previously. Even when a group of about 8 guys pulled up a circle of chairs in the courtyard below and began passing the bong (causing plumes of weed smoke to reach the deck)I kept up my speed.

Not sure if I got a contact high from the in-stereo weed smoking around me, but it felt like a good session. I even went a little faster when two girls appeared on a previously-unoccupied patio on the fourth floor to my left. The black guys hollered at them for a while, which I also found entertaining. This courtyard is providing a much better show than it did last year. So even if headphones break and Marlins games are over early, I think I may have some good on-trainer entertainment for the rest of this cycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment