Sunday, August 16, 2009

T62 - Regression Analysis - Bike

Gainesville

Bike: 120 minutes with long tempo work
wu: 15 minutes RPE 3 working to 4 by end
main: 90 minutes at RPE 5-7 steady mix of aero and non
cd: 15 minutes at RPE 2-3.


2 Lipodrene
I again include the speed instructions here to demonstrate that I did not follow them at all. In fact, I didn't follow much of anything at all. I got on the bike today and immediately knew it was going to be a bad ride. It may have been because my computer was now registering a speed of 8.2 when I headed down 2nd to Hawthorne. Now I know I'm not exactly Greg LeMonde here, but I do not bike 8.2 on a flat surface in my sleep. This computer malfunctioning continued throughout the ride as I would frequently look down and see speed like 9.5, 11.1, 5.6. Again, I was dogging it today, but I was not dead. I just fucking love when I pay people to fix something and they don't fix it. Unbelievable.

The point is, today's bike was a waste. I mean by the 1:30 mark all I was thinking is "When is this shit fucking done?" I thought maybe I'd turn it around at halfway, as I was going over 21 for a while after that. But soon my enthusiasm waned, and my speed did as well. I took 2 gels on the ride, so it wasn't nutrition. It wasn't hot (even rained a little) and despite my not making it to the end of Hawthorne I was never thirsty. I just straight up didn't bring it today. Averaged 16.9 over 2 hours. Actually, 2:06 as I dogged it just as bad on the way back.

I would like to chlalk this up to not being fully recovered form Saturday's grueling trainer session. My legs were sore the whole time. And I think this is the main cause. I also had turkey for lunch, and that tryptophan may have been a factor. Yeah, right. No, I was just flat out demotivated today. I started getting stressed about money at about the one hour mark, and I am usually pretty good at blocking the rest of the world out on the bike. But all that negativity didn't really make me ride any harder. And much as I hate to think it was a factor, I had sex the past couple of nights. I only note this because looking back I was crushing workouts for the whole week and a half I wasn't doing it, and when I am again the last two have been average and terrible. I don't know why it would be a factor. The exertion isn't very long, and it's not like I'm not taking care of things when I'm not getting any. This Hawaii trip, assuming I don't get any, should be a good indicator.

But I also realized 2 long bike days in a row is NOT a good idea for training, Form here on in when I have 2 long bikes scheduled in consecutive days, I will put a rest day in between, since I'll have about 14 to play with from September on. I think the lack of recovery time made today's workout useless at best, and I'd care not to repeat this. Alright, next ride is in Kona. This should be pretty fucking awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment