Sunday, August 9, 2009

T56 - Knee? What knee? - Run, Swim

Gainesville

I took an extra rest day because as I was getting into bed the other night I felt my knee kinda give out again. And it wasn't from sex or anything cool like that, just me getting into bed and feeling my knee give out. Kinda like how I initially fucked it up scuba diving. Anyhoo, I took the day off, and it still felt like every step I took might blow it out. Not really hurting, but like something just wasn't right. But I have an Ironman to do, so I did what any illogical athlete does and took a bunch of Advil so the pain signals my body was using to tell me something was wrong would be intercepted. Took 3, and 2 Sudafed, and 2 Lipodrene and hit the campus loop.



Run - 75 Minutes

2 Lipodrene
I had intended not to use the iPod today, but right before the run I was IMing an old student of mine about Lipodrene, and how great it makes you feel sometimes, and as I did it I decided I wanted to have a blow-up kinda run, so I brought the music. Whatever, I wasn't kicking myself for it. I was also a little tired because I had to wake up for graduation at like 7:30, take Trevor to the airport, sit through the graduation, which was mostly standing, actually, then eat and come back. HIt the loop about 3 and it was nice and hot.

But again, this was one of those runs where the heat felt energizing, not draining.I kept my stride really well until I got to the big hill on 2nd. I chopped my steps a lot going up it, but hey, it was really fucking hot. As I got to the top of the hill, I noticed the afternoon graduation letting out and the accompanying traffic clusterfuck leaving the O'Connell Center. I won't lie, the thought of hundreds of 22-year-old girls driving by when I ran got me to pick up the pace.

All in all it was a solid run that left me more tired than I thought. Sweat kept getting in my eyes to the point I had to stop running to wipe my face on my shorts. Don't envision it. But I don't run with a shirt on so that was my only option. And I REALLY don't wanna start wearing headbands. The only people who wear those are pro athletes and middle aged guys playing pickup basketball at the Health Club. Fuck that. Anyway, it was encouraging to have a longer run in heat where I kept stride almost the whole time. I am definitely much improved. And my knee? Well it was feeling fine the whole time. And really didn't bother me the rest of the day.But it still feels weird occasionally when I walk.

Swim: main: 1900 ladder (300, 275, 250…etc)

2 Lipodrene
I took a few hours off to do some work and hit the pool about 7:30. I skipped the warmup today too. This ladder was realyl easy for whatever reason. My guess is the 4 Lipodrene and massive amounts of Sudafed, but I like to think i've just become that awesome of a swimmer. I definitely used my right side the way it's supposed to be used, and I can really feel a difference. It didn't get as sore as it sis last time, but I also felt a lot stronger pull. So hopefully this will be a big breakthrough for the swim.

No comments:

Post a Comment