Sunday, August 2, 2009

T50 - Descent Discipline - Swim

Gainesville

Swim: speed day
wu: 200 swim, 200kick, 200pull, 200 swim
main: 16 x 100, descend 1-4, 5-8, 9-12, 13-16


2 Lipodrene

I made sure to get up early and get this workout in before heading to Miami. And, honestly, a 1600 meter swim is about as easy a workout as you can ask for with a long drive ahead of you. The warmup for this workout I like a lot, as it gives you a lot of laps to warm up different aspects of your swim, so when you get to the actual sets you feel a lot stronger.

What I liked about this workout was that I kept my heart rate up really high. The first sprint of each set was tough, as I'm not a real fan of 100s. But, again, I realized this isn't about going balls to the wall. but rather at a hard pace you know you can maintain for 2 laps. So the first on each set was tough, with labored breathing at the end, then almost as tough on the second, a little past normal for the 3rd and normal distance-pace for the 4th. And that's hard to maintain without keeping constant track of how fast you are swimming. So I felt like my speed discipline got better today.

Similarly, my intervals between 100s got shorter as the swim went on. I think 40 seconds was the longest, but some, like between 8 and 9, were like 15. So I think my speed is getting a lot better, or at least my speed swimming.

No comments:

Post a Comment