Monday, August 10, 2009

T58 - Its Harder When You do it Right, Isn't it? - Swim

Gainesville

In unrelated news, I brought my bike in to be fixed today. They have to order a part for the computer so it will finally work. It's only going to cost about $30, considerable cheaper than the $65 pricetag a whole new one would have come with. The downside, though, is I have no bike until Friday. Which may be difficult since I'm going to West Palm Thursday and Friday. I may go into the shop and ask for the bike Wednesday to do my workout then. We shall see. Point is, looks like that's finally unfucked.

Swim: speed day
warmupu: 100swim, 100 pull, 100 kick, 100 swim
main: 8 x 100 EBEH (each 100 = 25Easy, 25Build, 25Easy, 25 Hard)


2 Lipodrene
These types of days are almost rest days. I'm not even sure what the training value is, but I'm at a point now that I need to do something almost every day, so a half hour swim didn't seem unreasonable. I will say focusing on keeping my right arm out during its stroke is making swimming a lot more unpleasant. My right hand actually starts getting real sore from the increased effort it has to put out. My whole right side in general is getting tired faster. These EBEHs didn't feel much faster than usual, but they did feel more controlled. And I'm guessing a lot of that has to do with the better form.

Again, my intervals were shorter, and again the "Easys" weren't rest lengths, but rather like race pace. I also got stopped between sets by some guy sitting by the pool asking if I was getting enough air when I brought my head up. I figured it was some unsolicited coaching, but actually it was just a guy who didn't swim because he felt like he couldn't get enough air. I wanted to explain to him that that was me 2 years ago, and that it's really not that hard once you learn. But then he asked me about my Ironman 70.3 swim cap, and I told him about it, and the full Ironman in November, and this cute redhead in the next lane stopped and started asking me about it too. But just like I never really talk to girls socially at the gym, nor do I in the pool. But she was cute, for the record. It was a nice distraction on an otherwise unremarkable training day. But it's good. Tomorrow's run is the longest I've ever done.

No comments:

Post a Comment