Wednesday, July 22, 2009

T43 - Recovery Week Attitude - Bike/Swim Brick

Gainesville

I do see the point in recovery week. I really do. But it's hard to get motivated for workouts that aren't even one sixth of the distance you'll be doing at race time. But given that I need to find a point in recovery week, I decided that it is to still get the muscles moving without it being a strain. And to lay off my knee. So I opted to do an hour on the stationary bike today with the iPod after yesterday's intense bike effort, and them swim right after. I saw no point in a gel, this wasn't going to take long.

Bike - 60 minutes, easy spinning on stationary

1 Lipodrene (last one, not cool)
I did manage to figure out how to enter my age and weight into the computer on the stationary bike today, which was cool because I realized I burn a lot more calories biking than I thought. Like I burned about 750 today doing relatively easy spinning on level 11 and going about 17.6 miles. It was just kind of tedious as the trance music got a little old and the Seinfeld reruns aren't nearly as funny without sound. My crotch started to hurt a lot too after the long bike Sunday and the two rides this week. So good think I'm giving it a break. But it was nice to workout in the AC with music on and just kinda chill while I trained. Definitely in the spirit of recovery.

Swim - 4x200, 1x150

I was actually supposed to do 5 200s, but for some reason forgot this in the water. Not that I couldn't have. But the swim was lackluster as the sinlge Lipodrene just wasn't cutting it and I was starting to get hungry. I hadn't wanted to waste a gel on a workout like this, but I bet taking it would have made a difference. Not that the swim was hard, and by the third set I was stroking ok. But it was just very lackluster. So I think I will include gels even in these workouts. Just because its recovery week doesn't mean it has to be half-assed.

My knee is still bothering me. What the fuck? I'm skipping tomorrow's run in the hopes that it feels better by Sunday. I can't have this happen any more during training, as I seem to be limping or at least walking real gingerly all the time now, so I'm staying off my feet as much as possible. Seriously fucking pissing me off.

No comments:

Post a Comment