Sunday, July 19, 2009

T40 - Strenuous Life - Swim

Gainesville

Swim: race-specific
main: 4 x 500, 1 is RPE 3, 2 and 3 are RPE4, 4 is RPE 5


2 Lipodrene

I was so lackadaisical abotu today's swim, I didn't even bother checking to see what the warmup was before I headed over to GHFC. Just figured I'd treat the first 500 like a kind of warmup if I had to. And since school bus racing got cancelled, this was all I had to do Saturday afternoon. I drank like crazy Friday night, woke up about noon, and felt fine. And on a swim day, hydration is not as crucial as on outdoor days.

At any rate, despite not having a warmup, I managed to do all four sets of 500 meters at RPE 6-7. It wasn't even that tough to push the speed, I just sort of glided through it and focused on getting my arms through the water faster. It was strenuous, but not impossible. I swam at a speed that was faster than was comfortable, but didn't make myself out of breath. I think this is how good training days are supposed to go, where you push yourself out of whats easy, but don't knock yourself out. At least training days for something like this. I did all four in under ten minutes each, which again, for me, is good. Always pleased when I can average anything under a lap a minute for anything over 200 yards, I'm happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment