Sunday, July 5, 2009

T28 - You Couldn't Exepct Two Good Ones in a Row, Could You? - Run

Sacramento

Much as I"d wanted to run in Reno Friday morning, the power hour me and Graig did the night before combined with the excessive hills and heat made me decide waiting until Friday evening might be a better course of action. And, unlike some people, I'm not obsessed with saying I did Activity X in Location Y, so really adding the glamorous metropolis that is Reno to the list of places I've trained, not enough of an incentive to run hungover in the Reno heat.

Run: 60 minutes, recovery

2 Lipodrene
Given how great my Thursday morning run had been, I decided to do the same thing again, this time in the early evening. It was a pleasent 76 when I set out to the American River trail. But this time my legs were sore, and my motivation was for some reason lower. As I ran, I also started getting this sort of acid reflux that just got worse andworse as the run went on. I'm not sure if it was the ephedra or the burger and fries I had for lunch or the err or what, but it did not feel good.

The reflux caused me to go slower, as did my sore legs. Seriosuly, I gotta learn that binge drinking is only acceptable before off days. This run woulda been a lot better sans the Power Hour, but how often do I see graig? Then, with about 2 miles to go one of my earphones went out, so I had to cut the music after a little bit. Listening in one ear is distracting and more annoying than silence. Which is what I'm supposed to be running with anyway.

The run ended poorly, as the acid reflu got so bad and so frequent I walked the 6 blocks home from the trailhead. Not a good run at all. But, I'd rather have a bad run on a sort of recovery day like this than on a long run day. So I'll chalk it up to poor decision making and get back at it next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment