Wednesday, July 1, 2009

T25 - Aaaaand the Ass Kicking Begins - Swim/Run "Brick"

Gainesville

You will see why I put the "brick" in quotes in a minute. But the plan had been to go on an early morning bike ride to get ready for the early flight Wednesday. Well, a Monday night booty call and a vicous earl-ymorning thundersorm put the kibosh on those plans. By the time I woke up at noon, it was still pouring and I was like "Fuck it, I'll do the long Bike in Sac. It never rains in July there." So I headed to GHFC for a long swim.

S: long day
wu: 200 continuous
main: 1 x 2500 at RPE 4


2 Lipodrene
Having done nicely in my previosu swims, I figured this would be an ot too difficult swim. Given I'd done more than this distance several times before. Yeeeah, about that. I'm not sure if it was becasue I"d swam the night before, but by lap 25 I was done. I even stopped using my counting method of tihnking of the girls I'd slept with in chronological order for each lap. Which is good, becasue 25-38 are mostly ones I'd like to forget anyway. Point is, I was going strong, but not feeling good. I was so hungry afterwards I took a gel, then stoped at the GHFC snack bar and got a piece of chocolate bread. THe "brick" hence, was ruined since I too ka solid half hour in between. But the nutrition was well needed.

Run: 45 minutes, easy pace
Treadmill
I opted for the treadmil since theweather looked suspect at best. I have mixed feelings on the challenge level of the treadmill, since I can't slow down at all, but the reisistance is less. Eh. Whatever. I had put the Silversun PIckups CD I"d purchased for one song only on the iPod, and honestly the run was almost too easy. I like to use music on the treadmill since there's no scenery change, but yes, I know, I need to wean myself off of it.

But after I gto home, I was done. Like I packed for California, and then just lay in bed for like 2 hours. COuldn't move. Even after getting some Taco Bell, I had nothing. That long seim and short run just killed me for the rest of the day. I see how this works, that prep month is just to get you used to training. Base 1, this is where we start to die. Good to go, Ironman. Bring it....

No comments:

Post a Comment