Saturday, September 5, 2009

T74 - Drugs and Music make Running Fun - Swim, Run

Gainesville

Swim: 6 x 400 RPE 2-3


2 Lipodrene
I liked the idea of this swim because it didn't have a warmup. Each 400, I guess was one. I also enjoy GHFC on a Friday night, because it's empty. Especially on game weekends. At any rate, the swim was pretty nondescript, other than my losing count a lot. Like I'm pretty sure on the first three sets I had no idea if I did the right number of laps. But I wasn't overly concerned. I kept up my stronke and made good time on all of them. I was, however, insanely hungry the last 4 sets or so, so much so that I just thought about the delicious chocolate bread they sell to get me through the swim. I'm not sure how to stave off this hunger in the future, since I had breakfast AND Cracker Barrel for lunch. You don't get much more filling than that. Especially when you don't wanna eat right before you swim.

Anyway, sadly no chocolate bread was available at the snack bar, and I had to settle for a smoothie. And liquid calories not a bad thing when you have along run ahead of you.

Run: 130 minutes

2 Lipodrene
If you're counting, that's 4 lipodrene. Almost 100 mg of ephedra. I'd had some shitty runs lately, and I needed to do whatever I had to do to have a good one. It was almost dark when I got started about 7:45, so the weather was perfect. About 80 degrees. I took a ton of ephedra. And I put on the iPod. I figured if this couldn't help my run, I was in trouble.

Well, I could tell it was gonna be good from the getgo. I just felt myself striding out the run well, pushing my muscles a little. The ephedra gave me a lot of confidence on the run, just looking at my shawdon on the ground thinking "Damn, my body looks good." Which helped me run even more. I hit the hills coming back on 34th and run up them, same with the hill on 2nd. Everything just felt right, especially considering that I had yet another hangover and was running better than I had in a while.

I took 2 gels on the run, one at the stadium on the way up, and another at the car aid station after my first stadium-and-back after the loop. Finishing the second stadium trip from my apartment, I really felt like I could do more. I may not have even been out there 130 minutes, as that was about how long I thought it would take. But I did just about 13 miles and did it well.

I felt really weird after the run, probably coming down off all the ephedra. But whatver. I'm not sure what this means for the big race, probably that I'll need to take as much of that stuff as I can without killing myself. If I can feel like I did on this run for even part of the marathon, I'll consider it a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment